Re: Uh oh. IMAP and ifile-gnus

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Uh oh. IMAP and ifile-gnus
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:36:22 -0400

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, jesse@phiwumbda.org wrote:

> I have installed and configured an imap server (Courier).  I have
> begun to move my mail over to it and to use procmail to deliver to it
> and then it hit me when I was doing some testing.
>
> ifile-gnus doesn't do nnimap.  Damn.  I really like using ifile to
> pre-sort my mail.

Maybe you or someone else can make it work with the Gnus registry?
It should offer enough functionality to make tracking of articles
possible, the way the current ifile-gnus does for nnml (IIRC).

spam.el offers an ifile backend which will send articles to the place
ifile thinks they should go.  That could also be helpful, although of
course you don't have to use spam.el.

Ted