Re: Lots of open() calls with nnmaildir

From: Arne Jørgensen
Subject: Re: Lots of open() calls with nnmaildir
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:49:42 +0200

Jacob Bunk Nielsen <spam@bunk.cc> writes:

> Martin Geisler <mg@daimi.au.dk> writes:
>
>> Eventually I want to put a webmail interface ontop of the IMAP server,
>> so that I allways have access to my mail, even I'm away from a decent
>> computer with Gnus installed.
>
> I use SSH in such situations. If you already have a computer online
> (for running the IMAP server), why not just connect to that using SSH
> and fire up gnus on that? I do it all the time when I'm away from
> home.

A webmail interface can be convenient if you only have two minutes
left to check your email and the only computer around is someones
win-pc without putty.

An IMAP server can be nice if you have a mobile phone which is able to
speak IMAP (no, I don't have one unfortunately) -- unless of course
someone has made an ssh client for a mobile phone ;-)

Kind regards,
--
Arne Jørgensen
Gammel Kongevej 7, 1.th., 1610 København V