Re: Lots of open() calls with nnmaildir

From: Martin Geisler
Subject: Re: Lots of open() calls with nnmaildir
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:49:19 +0200

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Martin Geisler <mg@daimi.au.dk> wrote:
>> Perhaps I should put those groups in another maildir server, but I
>> find that solution a bit silly.  Perhaps I should just live with
>> this initial delay in starting Gnus...
>
> Unfortuantely, those are about the only options for now.  I have
> some ideas about how to speed it up, but I'm not sure when I'll have
> time to work on it.

Yes, I know the problem about having enough time... :-)

But still: thanks for taking the time to write the nnmaildir backend
in the first place!

--
Martin Geisler                                  My GnuPG Key: 0xF7F6B57B

PHP EXIF Library      |  PhpWeather              |  PhpShell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://gimpster.com/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser