Re: Fatal error (11). Emacs/ Linux hosed my very long document.

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: Fatal error (11). Emacs/ Linux hosed my very long document.
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:53:59 -0500

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
On 2004-09-16, Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com> wrote:
[deletia]
> Much to my dismay, as I was working on my very long review (about 100
> pages typed), xemacs core dumped on me.  I was unable to recover
> anything.  I didn't save my document because I never expected emacs to

        What, no autosave?

        Even my 1993 era SunOS copy of emacs managed to this. This was
very handy since I was connecting to the university network via an
unreliable 2400bps connection at the time.

[deletia]

--

        vi isn't easy to use.                            |||
                                                        / | \