Re: synchronizing gnus sessions on multiple computers

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: synchronizing gnus sessions on multiple computers
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:16:42 +0530

"Roland Winkler" <winkler@gnu.org> writes:

> - How can I tell gnus (in a running emacs session) that I've rsync'ed
>   all local user directories and gnus should update itself accordingly
>   when, for example, articles are marked as read or expired.
>
> - Where does gnus store the information that I have read or marked for
>   expiration some news or mail articles in a group?

When you are rsync’ing between two machines, you need to do it for the
following files/directories:

~/News/
~/Mail/
~/.gnus.el
~/emacs.d/ ; (this is required for syncing other Emacs settings)
~/.newsrc  ; (there are multiple formats newsrc.eld, newsrc.el
           ; or just .newsrc, This is what you are looking for.)
~/.authinfo.gpg ; (.newsrc, .authinfo etc.)

Others, please add if I am missing some files/dirs.