Re: [Libcdio-devel] GPLv3?

From: Burkhard Plaum
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] GPLv3?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:05:52 +0100

Hi,

Peter Creath schrieb:
On 11/5/07, R. Bernstein <address@hidden> wrote:
Karl Berry recently asked about changing libcdio from GPL version 2 to
GPL version 3. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/rms-why-gplv3.html for
info.

Karl has also generously volunteered to make the changes.

Any thoughts, comments, objections, or ... (what's the opposite of
"objections")?

Am I right that all projects using libcdio would be forced into GPLv3 then?
If that's the case, I would prefer "GPLv2 or later".

I'm not following the discussions regarding GPLv2 vs GPLv3 too closely,
but it seems to be a controversial topic.

Or are there any libcdio specific license problems/inclarities, which
would be solved by moving to GPLv3? Or would it just be because of that
article?

Burkhard