Re: [Libcdio-devel] GPLv3?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] GPLv3?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:22:42 -0500

Peter Creath writes:
 > One question: do all the other projects that libcdio includes specify
 > GPLv2 "or later"?  cdparanoia seems to (at least now), but are there
 > others that don't?

libcdio's cdparanoia port is the only thing of that ilk in
libcdio. Other things in src, namely cd-info aren't really ports of
anything that is currently maintained.

libcdio got started as an attempt to separate a library from
vcdimager. After that was done, vcdimager (the 0.7.x releases) now
uses the library. I doubt anyone uses what is officially called the
"stable" 0.6 releases. There was discussion a while back of vcdimager
moving to GPLv3.