Re: [Libcdio-devel] GPLv3?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] GPLv3?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:49:23 -0500

Karl Berry asks:
 > Aside from mplayer, are any of the other libcdio-using programs under
 > GPLv2 only?  (Aside from the question of importing code from mplayer.)
 > I did not find any in the list that Rocky gave me.

For the record, here's the list I mentioned. In many of the packages, libcdio
is optional.

  eject
  vcdimager (in older versions is optional)
  gmerlin
  libcddb (optional)
  xine (has it's own libcdio/libvcd)
  gstreamer "ugly" plugins
  vlc  (optional)
  mplayer and mplayerexp (optional)
  k3b VCD plugin (optional via vcdimager)
  rbcdio, rb_cdio, rbcddb (Ruby bindings)
  pycdio (Python) and Device::Cdio (Perl)

These two I forgot to mention; I'm not totally sure of either
  minimyth
  sound-juicer (via gstreamer?)

Please add or amend especially where there are others that are of concern.