Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:33:28 -0500

Albert:

>From earlier discussions, it was noted that
libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes
actually not only referrs to dlopen() calls, but their equivalents
on other OS's like HPUX.  Why don't we do this: set
ibltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs
based on host in configury, then add a test case that uses libltdl to
check if libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs is set properly?
That way those platforms that aren't set properly will fail the test
case, and we will be notified we need to change ltdl.m4 to fix it.
  This doesn't handle the cases such as Tru64 5.1 patched vs not patched
but it gets us most of the way there.  N'cest pas?

Robert