Re: Accidentals patch

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Accidentals patch
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:06:22 +0100

Mark Hindley wrote:

> Delighted to hear that you are having a hack on the accidentals
> engraver. I was just staring to add support for proper editorial
> accidentals. If you are doing major surgery, I may hold off. Is this
> something you had thought about?

Please explain "proper editorial accidentals".
I am doing a major restructure so please don't change the
accidental-engraver right now. Probably sending the patch tomorrow.
Afaics (haven't done so much testing yet) it can fulfill the standard
explained by Stone. That is accidentals also needs cancelling in the
next measure and at different octaves. Also possibility for
automatically setting the "extra" accidentals as cautionary (i.e. small)
accidentals.

-Rune