Re: Accidentals patch

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Accidentals patch
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:17:27 +0100

Den 08-Dec-01 skrev Laura Conrad:

[editorial accidentals]

LC>> This will actually be possible with my patch, but why don't you
LC> just turn them
LC>> off in the traditional way (i.e. remove the accidentals engraver
LC> og do
LC>> \property Staff.Accidentals = \turnOff - afair).
LC>
LC> Wouldn't that turn off printing all accidentals, not just the editorial
LC> ones?
LC>
LC> Yes, I know I could write a macro for an editorial accidental that
LC> would turn off printing and then turn it back on again, but it seems
LC> like an urtext style that didn't print the editorial ones at all would
LC> be less kludgy.

I don't understand what you want.
Why do you want editorial accidentals that does not get printed - what good do
they do when they are invisible?

The midi file will always contain the real pitch - that is the pitch defined
in your ly. So if you do "cis" then the midi file will contain a cis/des
nomatter how your accidentals are displayed.

I am sorry but I do not understand you.

(Do you want to be able to typeset the same score with and without editorial
accidentals?)

-Rune