Re: More documentation

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: More documentation
Date: 22 May 2003 17:33:06 -0400

>>>>> "Han-Wen" == Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

    Han-Wen> Just to put this in perspective: a revised and updated
    Han-Wen> manual, along with reorganisation of the input/ directory
    Han-Wen> is the only thing holding back a 1.8 release.  If people
    Han-Wen> would help with that, we would be able to release 1.8
    Han-Wen> earlier.

Does this mean that 1.7 is "feature frozen"?  That is, if I start
using it, can I expect that the input syntax isn't going to change
under me?

I got into some fairly bad trouble by putting some lilypond  up that
was in between the syntax of 1.4 and 1.6, and I really don't want to
keep intermediate versions around.   But I'd be happy to test (and
maybe help document) 1.7 before it turns into 1.8 if I can be assured
that I'm not going to have to modify the lilypond once 1.8 comes out.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
(If I haven't invited you to my party on June 7, I'm sure it was an oversight.)