input/ cleanup (was: More documentation)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: input/ cleanup (was: More documentation)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 21:34:05 -0700

On Fri, 23 May 2003 16:49:17 +0200
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think we could use help the most in the website department: we plan
> to switch to the new website after 1.8 is out.  Other than that, the
> manual might be do with another round of editing once I've finished
> with it, and all of the examples in input/ need to be checked for
> documentation, current-ness of syntax, and all other things I've
> mentioned. Like I said:
>
> > > Those that wish to contribute can help with this, or help revise
> > > that directory (things to look for: check all examples for
> > > currentness, bugs, octavation, staffsize, clarity, brevity, places
> > > to link it from the refman)
>
> Probably, the texidoc strings also should have @cindex entries, so we
> can make an index for the entire document.
>
> (Let me know when you want to take on any of these tasks, so we can
> avoid double work being done)

I'll clean up warnings and add texidoc @cindex entries to input/test and
input/regression.

I like the idea of splitting input/ up into more subdirectories (like
beam/ staff/), but I'm not certain how many subdirs you want, nor
whether you want to reorganize all of input/ like that, or just
input/test, so I won't move files around yet.

After that, I'll be happy to start editing the tutorial and refman, unless
you want me to do more things to input/.