Re: More documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: More documentation
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 23:32:19 -0700

On Sun, 25 May 2003 19:42:42 +0200
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > My experience is that as soon as you start dividing a WWW document
> > into separate pages, it starts getting more difficult to find the
> > information you need.
>
> We do the pages in texinfo where you have the choice of putting them
> on 1 page or split-up. I think that split-up is valuable for 2 things:
>
>  * less intimidating
>  * for users with slow machines (on my 1ghz pc, putting the reg test
>   on screen takes a significant amount of time.)

* for users with slow connections who are looking at the documents on
the web

We keep the manual divided into smaller pages (Note entry -> notes,
pitches, etc). I like Mats idea about browsing around to see what's
possible, but you can still browse through subdirectories.  And we could
still have a "all on one page" page in addition to "split into sections"
pages.

Should I go ahead and divide input/test into sections?