Re: (patch) Adds a note about installing on FreeBSD

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: (patch) Adds a note about installing on FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:29:17 +0200

Isn't it better to actually help configure find Python?

As far as I can see, USE_PYTHON isn't used anywhere in
Lilypond (at least not in version 1.7.18). What problem
does your instruction solve and what version is it relevant
for?

   /Mats

Graham Percival wrote:
My brother reported difficulty installing Lilypond onto his FreeBSD
system; here's how he solved it.  Since the trouble was in the FreeBSD
port (rather than the actual Lilypond source) I wasn't certain if you
wanted to bother putting it in INSTALL.txt, but I figured "better save
than sorry".

Changelog:
2003-05-23  Graham Percival  <address@hidden>

        * Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL.texi: adds a note about detecting
python on a FreeBSD system.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems