Re: (patch) Adds a note about installing on FreeBSD

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: (patch) Adds a note about installing on FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 16:30:18 +0200

It seems that the FreeBSD "port" of Lilypond is simply a link to
the ordinary 1.6.0 tarball.
I couldn't find the macro USE_PYTHON anywhere in any file of
that version either, so I doubt that the solution you describe
actually solves any problem.

I also tried to search the mailing lists for freeBSD problems and
the only relevant question I could find were related to that
the python.h wasn't installed in a directory where gcc searches
by default. The workaround for such a situation is already mentioned
in INSTALL.txt (though it was not explicitly mentioned as a freeBSD
problem until after version 1.6.0).

For the record: the problem I refer to above and the corresponding
solution is described in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2002-01/msg00032.html

If the actual problem is something else, please come back to the
mailing list.

The freeBSD related problems we have seen more recently on the
list have all been related to the incompatibility between
gcc 3.x and certain flex versions and is already well described
in INSTALL.txt.

   /Mats

Graham Percival wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2003 14:29:17 +0200