Re: New website

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Re: New website
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:53:53 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> To combat the learning curve, I think that it would be better to write
> a simple program, where you can drag & drop a .ly file, which is then
> processed. If successful, either the PDF is put on the screen, or a
> window with error messages would be shown. My hunch is that such a
> mechanism comes more natural to Windows users.

I think the ideal app would have its own text editor to write .ly code, and
a "log" window for output messages or errors. Also it might be neater if it
had its own PS or PDF viewer built in. I've no concept how much work it
would to take to implement such a beast though (other than "bloody loads").

--
chris