Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:17:50 +0200

Basil Crow writes:

> Wow! I am positively amazed.  If I could buy you a drink right now,
> I would.

Thanks.

> This puts LilyPond miles ahead in terms of being able to spread
> to Windows users.

Yes, that's the idea, but it would be good if we could finish some
rough edges first.

We are pondering on ways to push/promote these installers to new
groups of users.  Maybe others have good ideas?

> The only inconsistency I noted was that sometimes after generating a
> PDF, LilyPad opened up with the log file

The log file should only pop up if there was an error.  If that is not
the case, can you send a bug report?  I think this would be a lot more
clear if the editor would also show the error location (a-la point and
click, or emacs' compilation mode), but I'm not sure if and how
lilypad should be hacked further to support that.

> Nevertheless, I am hugely excited, and the process for me was very
> quick and easy. Thank you!

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone, I'm overwhelmed.  Also,
this gives me a chance to really goof with the upgrade-installer next
week.

Jan.