Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 22:54:22 +0200

Schneelocke writes:

> --- CUT HERE ---
> %%BeginFont: PFAAybabtu-Regular
> (#f) (r) file .loadfont
> %%EndFont
>
> %%BeginFont: PFAPFAEmmentaler-23
> (#f) (r) file .loadfont
> %%EndFont
> --- CUT HERE ---

Thanks.  I'm sure that I've seen this PFAPFA bug before, but I cannot
remember when/where.  Han-Wen, ideas?

Maybe it is just pango or fontconfig not being able to find the font
or their configuration file.

The --verbose output (I guess before it's redirected to the .log file)
should tell us that.

> Other files (like simple.ps) fail to load the PFAAybabtu-Regular font,
> at least; the font files are there, though
> (share/lilypond/2.5.25/fonts/type1/PFAaybabtu.pfa and
> .../PFAemmentaler-23.pfa, respectively). What's noteworthy is that the
> BeginFont directives seem to refer to these fonts with an extra PFA
> prefix - something that's not the case for PFAEmmentaler-20 (which has
> a valid filename in the ps file). The rest of the document does seem
> to refer to "Aybabtu-Regular" instead of "PFAAybabtu-Regular", at
> least (the same goes for PFAEmmentaler-23).

Hmm.  I'm not sure how to fix this.

> I don't think Cygwin creates a context menu item - it really just
> installs the binary package, which is then usable from a shell.

Yes it does.

> But in any case, I didn't uninstall the Cygwin package, so even if
> it was left over from that one, it shouldn't be gone now.

The uninstaller wants to write the same context menu, and removes it
upon uninstallation.  Maybe noone has used the context menu, but just
drag and drops.

Jan.