Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:29:02 +0200

Schneelocke writes:

> Error: /undefinedfilename in --file--
> Operand stack:
>    (#f)   (r)

> I'm not sure which missing file it's complaining about really

If you look in the .ps with a text editor, you'll see that fonts are
loaded by a command that looks like

    %%BeginFont: PFAEmmentaler-20
    (c:/Program
Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/2.5.25/fonts/type1//PFAemmentaler-20.pfa) (r)
file .loadfont
    %%EndFont

The font that has the problem, has

   (#f) (r) file .loadfont

> OK. Maybe they should get another extension then, though - it's a bit
> confusing to have a ps file you can't view. :)

Yes, this is one of the rough edges.

> You need to get the Chinese IME (Input Method Environment, IIRC),
> which can be downloaded from M$'s website; newer windows versions seem
> to come with it, but you still need to activate it..

And all I want is a couple of font files...  Thanks, I'll have a look.

> the "Convert to PDF" context menu item is gone, and PDF conversion
> fails for *all* files now

How odd.  The menu item should be unconditionally written as (nsis command)

        WriteRegExpandStr HKCR "LilyPond\shell\generate\command" ""
'$INSTDIR\usr\bin\lilypond.exe "%1"'

maybe that does not work [for you], and the context menu you saw was a
leftover from a previous Cygwin install?

Jan.