Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: native LilyPond port for Microsoft Windows
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 23:53:24 +0200

Bertalan Fodor writes:

> A question:
> with which file should I run lilypond? lilypond.bat or lilypond.exe?

That depends, for now they both work, I guess.  The .exe has some
extra functionality of tweaking the environment, that may be removed
in the future.  I'm not sure yet, because running the .bat file opens
a console, which looks amateurish.

> With lilypond.bat: why does it make sense, to put the result onto the
> Desktop?

I do not understand this question.  AFAIK, the .bat file is needed to
get the result onto the desktop at all.

The new lilypond user will drag and drop a .ly file onto lilypond, and
the result should be placed on the desktop, I guess.  I tried setting
the working directory to %USERPROFILE%\<locale's desktop folder name>,
but the %USERPROFILE% does not get expanded in that box.

In case lilypond is installed for all users, the result must not be
written to the shared desktop (where the icon resides), because there
is probably no write access there.

Jan.