Re: review new info on file layout

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: review new info on file layout
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:09:30 -0600

Quoth Graham Percival:
> On 31-Jan-06, at 12:55 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> > (I think there's a minor pedagogical point in saying \new Lyrics before
> > \lyricsto, since the \new Lyrics really isn't a relevant argument of
> > the music function, and because all other contexts start with
> > context names)
> >
> > You could of course use \addlyrics instead.
>
> I still haven't used lyrics -- what do you recommend?  We should
> probably use the same thing here as we do in the Example templates...
> what should those ones be?

I slightly prefer "\new Lyrics \lyricsto" to the reverse, but either one
is better than \addlyrics, by me; for whatever reason, I still find
\addlyrics oddly confusing, and using \lyricsto is (to me) much clearer
since I really know exactly what I'm associating with what.  As a
general rule, I think it's easier to learn named constructs before
anonymous ones.

On the "indent" issue, most people should at least be familiar with the
word wrt paragraphs or block quotations, so you should be able to
leverage that.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you.