Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:42:41 +0200

2007/8/29, Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:
> Hi,

Hi Trevor,

quite a long mail (very interesting though).
You're right, musical examples are extremely important. Besides, I
noticed we're using less musical examples than several years ago (I
remember, in 1.x manuals, a Brahms example, and the Sammartini thing
among others, all gone now).

So, while I get your point, I don't know if the whole manual can (or
has to) be affected by your suggestion.

-A few days ago, I asked here about the "feature page" which was
planned years ago and hasn't been realized yet; I guess this would be
the perfect location for high-quality cultural score samples.

-Finding *genuine* relevant examples isn't just difficult: it is
nearly impossible. Just have a look at this page (2.10 doc):
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Automatic-accidentals#Automatic-accidentals