RE: regression tests

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: regression tests
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:10:00 -0600

If I understand correctly, the program reference already contains the
complete list of user-settable properties for each grob.

Under the current architecture, defaults will be difficult, if not
impossible, because of the way properties are handled.  Default property
values are not passed to the routines; the absence of a property
indicates that the routine should use the default value.  Also,
properties don't have a certain system-wide default value.  Thus, you
can't say that the default value of property "foo" is "bar".  It might
be "bar" when applied to the "grackle" grob, and "baz" when applied to
the "frobozz" grob.

The automatic documentation of properties is developed from a
grob-independent list.  Thus, there is only one internal documentation
point for "size", not one point for each grob that uses size.

Carl Sorensen