Re: catching broken links on website and documentation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: catching broken links on website and documentation
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:24:49 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote

Indeed, this is weird.  The script runs on lilypond.org where it reads
the apache log.  We (where is plan9 after 20 freakin' years?) can't go
back to may 4 to check if the file was still there.
Either we have cruft on lilypond.org, or epiphany has a caching feature
where it will display pages from its cache that have been removed
on the server but to the user look like live pages.  Such pages
possibly have broken links to other removed pages.

What expiry date does Apache on lilypond.org assign to these pages?

Trevor