Only GCC <= 4.1.2 is suitable for current 2.11 on x86 32 bits

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Only GCC <= 4.1.2 is suitable for current 2.11 on x86 32 bits
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 11:18:28 +0200

Hi,

After the patch I sent last Sunday to make LilyPond work when compiled
with GCC 4.3.0 x86, I noticed that many formatting details were
completely screwed up (strange skyline spacing, overlapping staves,
irregular horizontal spacing).  There are less formatting oddities when
compiling with GCC 4.2.4, but there are still too many.  I had to
install ancient GCC 4.1.2 to get decent LilyPond output.  There might be
similar issues with 2.10 branch, though I haven't tested.

It seems that making LilyPond compile well with GCC versions newer than
4.1.2 requires reporting regressions to GCC developers, and maybe modify
some bits of C++ code in LilyPond itself (I can't afford spending time
to investiagate this myself).  Builders and packagers, please use GCC
4.1.2 (or any suitable older 4.x version) to compile LilyPond 2.11 until
these issues are fixed.

Cheers,
John