RE: predefined commands for figured bass

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: predefined commands for figured bass
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 06:21:46 -0600

No, they are not.  They are based on the settings that are described in the
documentation as those that are desirable for use with figured bass.  I have
also reviewed a number of figured bass pieces on the internet and seen some
different usage of figured bass.a

> In general, trying to make up a good selection of predefined
> commands for a feature that you haven't used much yourself
> will probably not lead to a useful result.

I agree with that assessment.  However, since I'm working on the GDP, I have
two choices: (a) I can move to the @seealso section of the documentation any
notice of the available settings, or (b) I can propose predefined commands for
the settings that are described in the documentation.  I chose (b), and am
currently asking for help from those who have more knowledge than I.

Carl Sorensen