RE: predefined commands for figured bass

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: predefined commands for figured bass
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:29:10 -0600

I asked this question before, and Mats informed me that the standard way was to
use \revert. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/15886

I am personally indifferent to the two methods.  I see benefits to both.

It seems unlikely that one would want to change the settings on the figures
more than once per piece of music, so it's not likely that using overrides for
both *Up and *Down would cause a huge overhead in the props alist.

Carl