Re: Detailed plan for documentation translations

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Detailed plan for documentation translations
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:25:11 +0200

On 2008/05/30, Till Rettig wrote:
> Francisco Vila wrote:
> > Count on me, but my GDP contributions will slow down (even more!).
> > Graham will complain. This month is terrible for me, and summer is
> > always uncertain. Please tell me what to do as precisely as you can.
> >
> The last sentence goes for me as well. I will have a huge load of work
> to do until the end of june and be on holiday the first part of july,
> so I could afford two hours a week at the moment -- in july most
> likely much more time.

Well, it seems many of us are busy in June!

Francisco, Till, thanks for your enthusiasm, reorganizing sections in
translations is a one-shot job, and it shouldn't take you more than 4
hours overall.  There are some Emacs hints in TRANSLATION to do things
quickly, I just dumped a few more there.

I propose you each take over one of the two groups of files to be
reorganized in all languages:

unfretted-strings.itely
fretted-strings.itely
percussion.itely
wind.itely

chords.itely
ancient.itely

This task is not urgent at all, the most important is to do this before
2.12 and before you start updating other sections in translations; I
think it's all right if you have done this in 3 or 4 weeks.

Trevor, are sections in Input stabilized enough so we can reorganize
translations too?  In fact, this chapter is not translated in any
language, except one or two nodes in French, so reorganization in
translations is very cheap for this chapter (no more than 10 minutes).

Cheers,
John