Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:54:23 +0100

Hi Werner,

> Hehe, still not perfect. Sorry for being such a PITA :-)

If you weren't, I'd ask you to be. ;-) Lilypond wouldn't be what it is
if it weren't for people like Han-Wen, you and the other developers
who aim for the highest possible quality standards. Vice versa I
apologize for giving you so much opportunity to discover bugs and
buglets. ;-)

> The `natural.arrowdown' glyph correctly extends the
> vertical bar outlines into exactly the same direction, while the
> `natural.arrowboth' extends the stem into a slightly different
> direction, which is not correct.

I noticed this, too, but I thought it was due to rounding errors
caused by metafont since I passed exactly the same direction as an
argument for both glyphs. I now made a correction which I hope fixes
this issue but please double check to be sure.

> Additionally, the upper left point of the lower horizontal bar `jumps'
> if compared between natural glyphs with and without an up-arrow. The
> same is true for the lower right point of the upper horizontal bar for
> glyphs with and without a down-arrow.

This is fixed in the attached revised version of the patches.
Please let further suggestions be coming. :-)

Thanks and best regards,
Max