Re: Contributor Guide "volunteers" needed

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Contributor Guide "volunteers" needed
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:39:16 -0000

Graham, you wrote Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:25 PM

MEDIUM PRIORITY:
CG 1 git
- Trevor, you are volunteered to perfect CG 1.5

I did this last week, unless someone points out what is
wrong with it.

- Jonathan, you are volunteered to perfect the rest of CG 1.  If
 you want to check the @example commands yourself, great.  If
 not, keep on pestering other people to do this.
- both of you work together to make all of the CG work well.  I
 have to admit that I was surprised to see the command-line stuff
 in CG 1.5; maybe we should just start the CG with "getting git"
 (easy in linux, moderately easy in OSX, dunno how in windows)

Installing git in Windows is in 1.5.2.  It is trivial - it
comes with a Windows install wrapper.

The only command line stuff is in 1.5.3 - to initialise git.
Everything else in done in in the git gui and gitk panels, which incidently are the same on all platforms, AFAIK, so
no one need use the command line for any of the usual tasks.
I only use the command line for pushing to origin/master.

 and then have a unified rest of the CG for everybody.

Trevor