Re: Please fix: japanese doc compilation

From: Sawada , Yoshiki
Subject: Re: Please fix: japanese doc compilation
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:15:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hello John,

John Mandereau <john.mandereau <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry for the delay, and unfortunately I am still quite busy.

Don't mind it. I know you have your own life.

> Repeating "make web" until it succeeds hides the fact it's currently not
> possible to build the Texinfo manuals in Japanese as Werner pointed out;
> I'll make it possible to enable building Japanese documentation in HTML only
> this week-end, so that "make web" goes on working.  Of course, it is up to
> you to judge whether the translation is in a good shape for inclusion in the
> official documentation; I generally think making translations available
> earliest makes proofreading them by other people easier and speeds it up
> (except I couldn't reply as quickly as I'd like lately).

I'm sure. Perhaps, we should not include Japanese translation in the source
codes until Texinfo supports Japanese. However, I want to make my translation
available in the web. I believe my translation will help Japanese users to
understand LilyPond more easily and is needed as the material for proofreading
as you think.

Thanks,
Sawada, Yoshiki