Re: Please fix: japanese doc compilation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Please fix: japanese doc compilation
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 00:51:36 +0100

Hello Yoshiki,
I'm sorry for the delay, and unfortunately I am still quite busy.

Sawada a écrit :
Hello everyone,

./lilypond-learning.pdftexi:58: Paragraph ended before \documentlanguagetrywith
outunderscore was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
I always get the messages like above while I am doing "make web".
It will fail. But, I do "make web" twice or three times, then it will work well.

Repeating "make web" until it succeeds hides the fact it's currently not possible to build the Texinfo manuals in Japanese as Werner pointed out; I'll make it possible to enable building Japanese documentation in HTML only this week-end, so that "make web" goes on working. Of course, it is up to you to judge whether the translation is in a good shape for inclusion in the official documentation; I generally think making translations available earliest makes proofreading them by other people easier and speeds it up (except I couldn't reply as quickly as I'd like lately).

Best,
John Mandereau