Re: Lily on OSX Leopard, problems running own build

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lily on OSX Leopard, problems running own build
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 22:18:08 +0800

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 01:43:40PM -0700, Dewdman42 wrote:

> What is the current status of Lilypond running on OSX leopard (intel)?

GUI's not working.  Search the mailist for details, including
workarounds.

> I have downloaded the latest binaries of lilypond, they appear to be PPC
> binaries that will run only in command line mode on the Rosetta emulator.

Get-Info is lying to you.  The processing is done in native Intel.
Search the mailist for details.

> Secondly, looks to me like no gui was built, just command line
> anyway, so is the only advantage to building my own the fact
> that it will run native?

Some people want to fix bugs.  Some people enjoy compiling things
needlessly.

>  Thirdly, what is the plan from the
> Lilypond team for including current OSX platform as target platform to build
> binaries on so that I don't have to worry about building it myself?

We build binaries.  You, for some silly reason, chose to ignore
them.

We have absolutely no plan for fixing the GUI, because none of us
have OSX 10.5, so we cannot develop/test things.  If anybody
reading this email has 10.5 and the required skills, we welcome
any patches that fix the silly little GUI thing.

Experienced users may continue their normal text editing +
command-line compiling, or using jedit or whatnot.

PS if anybody complains about this not being more obvious on the
website, then I refer you to the date of May 28, and my constant
discussions for the past 4-5 months.