Re: website issues and comment-discussion

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: website issues and comment-discussion
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 09:53:12 +0100

Le dimanche 03 janvier 2010 à 05:23 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Please don't report bugs or try to discuss problems in the bloody
> comments of a texinfo file.  I don't care if you do this in the source
> code (although I think it's a stupid way to communicate),

Why then do you use them as well?  When there is an obvious problem I
don't have time to report right now, this is the best way of not loosing
it.

> I've added a dedicated issue tag for the website:
>     http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?q=label:website
> If you have anything else, either discuss it in this thread, or add it
> to the tracker.

I have one issue in my mind now (also others, but they will deserve
patches and/or new threads): where shell we put "About automatic
language selection" page?

> 2)  Do we want a node for Background in the introduction?
>   http://lilypond.org/~graham/website/background.html
>
> The first version of the new website didn't have such a node; I just
> mentioned it in the (main) page.  But some people complained that the
> background essay should be more prominent; it should have a place in
> the "journey" (the "where now?" boxes at the bottom of the pages), so
> I added it as a node.

If we keep this node, then we should add some more text, maybe taking
inspiration from the introduction of the essay on the old website.

Best,
John