Re: website issues and comment-discussion

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website issues and comment-discussion
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 10:03:26 +0000

2010/1/3 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> Le dimanche 03 janvier 2010 à 05:23 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
>> Please don't report bugs or try to discuss problems in the bloody
>> comments of a texinfo file.  I don't care if you do this in the source
>> code (although I think it's a stupid way to communicate),
>
> Why then do you use them as well?

Because I'm a bad person and should be taken to task over it?  I
always mean to go back and fix it, but I keep on getting dragged into
working on other things.

> When there is an obvious problem I
> don't have time to report right now, this is the best way of not loosing
> it.

Keep a piece of paper next to your computer.  I have two sheets of
lilypond material; I cross of items as I get to them.  When one sheet
is about 80% full, I copy any remaining items on to a new piece of
paper.

>> I've added a dedicated issue tag for the website:
>>     http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?q=label:website
>> If you have anything else, either discuss it in this thread, or add it
>> to the tracker.
>
> I have one issue in my mind now (also others, but they will deserve
> patches and/or new threads): where shell we put "About automatic
> language selection" page?

Hmm.  The info on that page doesn't need to be in the info and pdf,
right?  If that's true, then it could just be an offhanging html file
like the current translations.html.in.  (with the link from the
footer, as in the old webpage)

>> 2)  Do we want a node for Background in the introduction?
>>   http://lilypond.org/~graham/website/background.html
>
> If we keep this node, then we should add some more text, maybe taking
> inspiration from the introduction of the essay on the old website.

I'm not opposed to adding more text to that node.