Re: Contributor's Guide on Website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Contributor's Guide on Website
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:54:30 +0000

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 05:46:51PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> On 1/7/10 5:10 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > That's because you're looking at the fuzzy doc-webpage in the 2.13
> > docs, instead of the real "staging" webpage in ~graham/.
>
> No, I'm looking on the docs that are built on my local system.

Yes, the fuzzy (huh, I originally meant to write "futzy", of whose
meaning I'm not entirely certain, but it sounds like it'd have the
meaning I'm looking for) doc-webpage in the 2.13 docs.

I still have 5 hours of work on the webpage/doc to do, and it
wouldn't be efficient to discuss it before then.  At my current
rate of progress on my own tasks (instead of responding to other
stuff), I estimate it'll be one week before it's done.

> Then let me suggest some changes to the Development page.  My objective is
> to be able to click to all the manuals from one page without having to
> scroll.

Without knowing your preferred window size and font size, it's
impossible to treat this as a design goal.  :)
It's definitely not possible to do this on my eee 701; it might be
possible on my aspire one with a full-screen window; it might be
possible on my desktop with a non-full-screen window but it really
depends on how big the window is.

I'll bear the rest of the suggestions in mind while I work on it.