Re: Contributor's Guide on Website

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Contributor's Guide on Website
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:57:16 +0100

Am Freitag, 8. Januar 2010 09:58:31 schrieb Graham Percival:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 06:48:24PM -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > I *really* wish the website had a "sitemap" with links to every manual
> > from the stable and development documentation.
> >
> > Maybe a two-column webpage with the 2.12 links in the left column and
> > the 2.13 links in the right column?
>
> No.  People should be using the stable docs.  Developers (i.e.
> non-people) should use the devel page.  That was a basic
> architectural decision a year ago, and it's not going to change
> without substantial evidence that we got it wrong.

To help people answering questions on the mailing lists, it might still be
useful. So I hand-wrote such a page with a table of links to both 2.12 and
2.13 docs:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/lily-docs.html

No css magic or anything is done there, just the bare-bones table of links.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886