Re: Untranslated titles+links on latest online docs

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Untranslated titles+links on latest online docs
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:55:06 +0100

Am Freitag, 8. Januar 2010 10:02:12 schrieb Graham Percival:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 01:29:43AM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> > Hello, I can not say since when, but currently all 2.12 docs show
> > titles and links in English:
> >
> >   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/
> >   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/
> >   etc.
> >
> > so in En (obviously), but also in Fr, De and Es.
>
> Sorry, we're not going to have another 2.12 release unless there's
> an overwhelming need for it.  If it's not working in the 2.13
> docs, please let John know; otherwise, just stay tuned for the
> 2.14 release in a month or two.

Pardon? What would you do if lilypond 2.12 would not print e.g. the initial
clef? Of course you would do another release to fix this!

Now, our translated docs (remember, not everybody knows English as well as we
do!) have all their headings and thus also their complete TOC in English
rather than in their localized version, making them unusable to anyone who
doesn't speak English!

So, I see the overwhelming need to fix this issue.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886