Re: Untranslated titles+links on latest online docs

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Untranslated titles+links on latest online docs
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:59:58 +0100

Le vendredi 08 janvier 2010 à 01:29 +0100, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> Hello, I can not say since when, but currently all 2.12 docs show
> titles and links in English:
>
>   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/
>   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/
>   etc.
>
> so in En (obviously), but also in Fr, De and Es.

This is likely one of the disadvantage of the build system not checking
accurately documentation dependencies; I wouldn't be surprised if a
version of texi2html incompatible with the init file in 2.12 branch
caused this.

As Graham said, there will probably no other 2.12 release to fix this.
To prevent this kind of issue in the future, I welcome assistance in
translation coordination in order to free me time for developing better
translation and documentation tools; otherwise I'll have to choose
between coordinating translations with half-backed tools (this is the
current situation) or stop managing contacts with translators until I've
set up or developed decent tools.

Best,
John