Re: CG chapter 2, first draft

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: CG chapter 2, first draft
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:34:07 -0000

Mark Polesky wrote Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:12 AM

Patrick McCarty wrote:
Most of the time, on GNU/Linux, I copy and paste by
highlighting the text to copy, and then middle-clicking
where I want to paste.

For no explicable reason, I just assumed that wouldn't work
in gitk.  But it does indeed.  Thanks.

Incidentally, have you guys seen gitg?  It's kind of like
gitk and git gui put together, plus/minus a few options.
Download it and try it out if you don't mind.  What do you
think of it?

I just installed gitg 0.0.3, which is the version in
app manager in ubuntu.  Not very impressed.  The commit
pane looks quite like git gui but without all the branch-related commands. And the history pane has no
search options that I could see.  Although, while I
was exploring it, it segfaulted, so there may be more
options somewhere. Maybe there is a better later version, but on this showing it's not for me.

Trevor