Re: CG chapter 2, first draft

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: CG chapter 2, first draft
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:21:52 +0100

Le mardi 12 janvier 2010 à 09:09 +0000, Trevor Daniels a écrit :
> I don't
> use Cygwin, so I don't know if it shares a
> clipboard with Windows.

IIRC there is an option in Cygwin to share the clipboard between Windows
and XWindow applications, but if you just use Cygwin as a Windows
application in a terminal then I guess you have the same copy/cut/paste
option as any other Windows application that runs in a terminal window.

> I never did it - with git gui you never need an
> editor.  It has a pane specifically for displaying,
> entering and editing commit messages.  It also has
> an "Amend Last Commit" button which was the only
> form of rebase -i I ever needed.

"Amend Last Commit" is more likely the equivalent of "git commit
--amend" than "git rebase -i"; this is just an opinion from a user of
the command-line interface, I don't know how it works behind the scenes.

Best,
John