Re: CG chapter 2, first draft

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: CG chapter 2, first draft
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:02:25 +0000

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 02:24:58PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le mercredi 13 janvier 2010 à 12:20 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> >   Also, please
> > use @q{} in the @section name.
> > ... actually, could we just sidestep the whole issue by removing the
> > quotes entirely?  "@node Using lily-git" seems easy enough for me.
>
> I agree, but if Mark wants to be picky, he could write
>
> @*section Using @command{lily-git}

Yes.  In case people are confused, this would be
  @node Using lily-git
  @section Using @command{lily-git}

> Anyway, using "@command{lily-git}" rather than anything else in the
> running text is highly recommended.

Yes.

> > - pushing to `blah blah': again, I'm not wild about the quotes.  Also,
> > I'd suggest changing it to "Pushing to origin";
>
> Why not "Pushing to @code{origin}"?

Notwithstanding the lily-git suggestion, I'm not wild about having
different @node / @section names.  Anybody reading this far into
git will know that "origin" is a special git term, so "Pushing to
origin" is probably clear enough.

I wouldn't object to "Pushing to @code{origin}", but if I were
writing it, I'd stick to plain text.  At least in the @section
title; in the running text I'd use @code{origin}, of course.