Re: CG chapter 2, first draft

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: CG chapter 2, first draft
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:43:38 +0100

Le jeudi 14 janvier 2010 à 12:52 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> 3) this is a presentation issue, not a content issue.  As long as it
> compiles, push it, then let other people work on the presentation.
>
> Based on your description, I gather that there's yet another bug in
> lilypond-texi2html, which means that either John, me, or Patrick
> should look at it.

Texi2HTML creates an anchor for every section, which is incorrect from
the point of view of the original Texinfo language (this is extremely
clearly explained in Texinfo manual); I'm sure we suffer in a few ways
from the confusion between the respective role of nodes, sections and
anchors, but I'm not sure this can be addressed in a way other than
writing a new implementation of a Texinfo formatter.  That said, it
doesn't mean I'm not willing to hack the init file again, but then I
want to be presented in a clear way what output should be produced given
a correct piece of Texinfo input; Mark, if after having read the Texinfo
manual sections about anchors, structuring and nodes, you have a precise
request, I may have a look at implementing it in our init file.

Best,
John