Re: CG chapter 2, first draft

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: CG chapter 2, first draft
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:43:33 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, there's a hierarchy problem with the

  @subsubheading Technical details

thing that had previously escaped my notice.  I'm finding
this really confusing so I'll try to be clear.  And I could
be wrong on some detail...  Any instance of

  @unnumberedsubsubsec foo

that comes immediately after a

  @subsubheading Technical details

ends up in

  /technical-details.html#foo

So now there's a page called technical-details.html which
has the following nodes:

Configuring Git                 (3rd subsubsec in 2.2.1)
Downloading all remote branches (4th subsubsec in 2.2.2)
Other branches                  (5th subsubsec in 2.2.2)

This means that when you click the link for `Configuring
Git', it takes you to the correct node (from 2.2.1), but the
TOC pane now highlights `Downloading all remote branches'.

Obviously, this is unacceptable, but I don't know how best
to fix it.  I have to say, I really like the `Technical
details' idea.  Visually, it's clear and it looks like it
should work (semantically).  But it screws with the menu
and puts nodes out of order.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
- Mark