Re: Translation errors in German documentation

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Translation errors in German documentation
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:25:57 +0200

David Kastrup schrieb:
[...]
I am not actually all too sure that this distinction is not merely a red
herring: tabulature, just like standard notation, assumes playing in a
12-note room.  Whether or not there are explicit frets does not make a
significant difference here.  Most certainly a player accustomed to
playing from tabulature when playing a fretted instrument will not
suddenly prefer standard notation when acquiring a fretless instrument
of the same disposition, and vice versa.
Yes, I play tablature with my fretless bass, too.

Marc