Re: [Patch] Indentation in parser.yy

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [Patch] Indentation in parser.yy
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:11:34 +0100

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:24 PM
>
>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 03:11:53PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not much, but since it does change quite a few lines (in a such
>>> critical source file, on top of that), there's no way I'm gonna try
>>> and push that myself :-)
>>
>> Rejected.  Don't manually screw with indentation, especially in a
>> critical source file.
>
> You know, after rebuffs like this it's hardly
> surprising you don't get many people offering to
> help you.  Seeing this, anyone thinking of offering
> will likely think again.

Valentin is a personal friend, and the grumpy/fluffy interplay
has been a constant between us.  I take much more liberties with
him than I would anybody else.  If I've taken too much liberty here, I
apologize.  (I'll follow up with him off-list)

Look, we've had a few rounds of fruitless discussion about
indentation, pretty much on a yearly basis.  Each time, after 20
or 30 emails and goodness knows how many hours spent
reading+writing (summed over all developers), nothing has changed.
I'm trying to head off such a discussion so that people won't be
(more) sick of the topic later on.