Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

David Kastrup wrote:
>>> Should be easy enough to do for the TeX backends,
>>> effectively wrapping every @code inside of a @w.  Is
>>> that desirable?
>>
>> I consider it desirable, but I'm not the only person
>> involved.  :) Maybe wait a few days before doing a lot of
>> work, in case anybody complains, then please do so.
>>
>> (or, if it's a 10-minute job, please do so now, post the
>> patch, and then we'll see what happens)
>
> The code is likely a one-liner if done correctly, but I
> already spent 10 minutes digging through the details.
>
> So I'll turn to wait mode right now.

This work may have already been done by the texinfo
developers; I told them about it some months ago.  IIRC, the @w
trick works for info and pdf, and the html version is fixed
in the texinfo sources, but I don't think they've released a
stable version that includes that change, and I didn't have
time to go learn CVS.

See this post before you get too involved:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2010-04/msg00014.html

- Mark