Re: font defects in scripts.varsegno and accordion.push

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: font defects in scripts.varsegno and accordion.push
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:12:58 +0200 (CEST)

> Here's a patch for the accordion push symbol.

This looks fine.

> It would have been simpler if I had just drawn two straight lines:
>
> draw z1
>      -- z2;
>
> draw z3
>      -- z2;
>

> This would seem to be allowed by the instructions in README, but I
> get the sense that mf2tp1 really doesn't like having draw
> instructions in the definition, so I thought it would be better to
> use the outline.

You can draw straight lines if the pen is a square, or rectangle, or
razor (this is the best of course), but not if it is polygonal $(Q#|(B
actually, any polygonal pen is a no-go if conversion to an outline
font is intended.

> Was I reading things right?

Mhmm, this my paragraph is really cryptic :-)  If you can reformulate
it, please do so.

    Werner