Re: [Patch] Fix #903: Add shortcuts for note names languages. (issue2606

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix #903: Add shortcuts for note names languages. (issue2606042)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 02:53:44 +0000

I like this idea as a way to get the functionality you want in the short
term.  But I don't like it for the long term.  I think the long-term
syntax needs to be

\language "foobar"

so that we don't have a separate keyword for each language.  As you
point out, that will require a parser change.

In the short term, why not take care of things with your french students
by having this include file be part of the LilyPond distribution, and
creating a special lilypond command, e.g. LilyPond, that expands to

lilypond -dinclude-settings="lang-init.ly" %@

so that they will have the \langFoo shortcut you want to have available?

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/declarations-init.ly
File ly/declarations-init.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/declarations-init.ly#newcode33
ly/declarations-init.ly:33: \include "lang-init.ly"
File name should be language-init.ly

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/declarations-init.ly#newcode34
ly/declarations-init.ly:34: \langNederlands
Command should be \languageNederlands

But I think it would be better to leave this file as it is, since I
don't think that the \languageNederlands is an appropriate long-term
solution.  So I don't want to get it hard-coded in declarations-init.ly

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/lang-init.ly
File ly/lang-init.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/lang-init.ly#newcode4
ly/lang-init.ly:4: %%%%                          Jan Nieuwenhuizen
<address@hidden>
Copyright should be changed to 2010 Valentin Villenave.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/lang-init.ly#newcode19
ly/lang-init.ly:19: \version "2.12.0"
Version should be changed.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/diff/1/ly/lang-init.ly#newcode25
ly/lang-init.ly:25: % The \langFoobar shortcut maintains compatibility
with the old
change to languageFoobar

http://codereview.appspot.com/2606042/